Become a Member of Twin Lakes Home Builders
Support your local home builders association by joining today!
Are you a member and want to Advertise on our website?
Benefits of joining the home builders association:
- Your local membership automatically makes you a member of the national and state associations -- no additional dues are necessary. You pay only one time annually for all three affiliations.
- You gain the advantage of group action in discussions with local government and other regulatory agencies; there's strength in numbers. We get things accomplished as a group that cannot be done individually.
- You have established yourself locally as being a professional in the industry and have credentials "over and above" your non-member local competition.
- You have a strong voice in lobbying on your behalf in the Arkansas General Assembly, making sure our industry is being heard all day, everyday.
- You have direct access to federal agencies like FHA, VA and FMHA as a member of these AHBA state level member committees, giving you face-to-face direct contact. As an AHBA member, you are eligible to participate in the association-sponsored HUD Voluntary Affirmative Marketing Agreement (VAMA) Program.
- You have the same type of input with state agencies like the Public Service Commission, the Arkansas Development Finance Authority (ADFA) and the Arkansas Health Department, helping to solve your problems one-on-one, but with the support of the group behind you.
- You automatically receive two publications of the national HBA, designed to keep you informed of the latest trends and developments nationally.
- You also receive monthly the Arkansas Builder Journal, featuring the latest on housing news in Arkansas, including the only monthly source of local housing permitting -- info available on a statewide basis.
- Your membership makes you eligible to apply as a participant in the AHBA's Workers Compensation Self-Insured Fund. This member benefit paid participants a 42% dividend on their paid premium for the 1993 policy year.
- You have an opportunity to participate in other AHBA-sponsored insurance programs, covering such areas as builders risk, general liability, commercial auto, umbrella, model home and tool and equipment. Each one comes with very competitive rates made possible by group buying power.
- You have the opportunity to attend local HBA meetings with interesting programs, plus state and national seminars and conventions, all designed to give you an edge over your competition. Recent statewide seminars have covered such industry topics as "Managing Your Custom Building Business for Profit" and "Learning to Frame with Steel." Seminars are available to members only.
- You have the chance through your membership to be a part of the local and state associations' periodic public relations campaigns, designed to bring more members, more exposure and more business.
These are just a few of the many benefits of membership in a local home builders association. Whether you are a builder or an associate, in a large or small firm, new to the business or an "old timer," there is something for you to benefit from by membership in a local HBA. Make yourself "something special" by becoming a member of one of Arkansas' 19 local home builders associations, the Twin Lakes Home Builders.